Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What Happens If You Miss Your Cleaning?

I am often asked, "What would happen if I missed my 6 month cleanings?" I could give a generic answer but I thought it would be better just to show it with pictures. This is a patient who missed his regular cleaning appointment and came in 2 weeks late. He probably regrets it...




Actually this is a picture my dad just sent me from his mission in Africa. I'm not sure what the underlying cause is here, infection or tumor but it just goes to show what a need there is for medical care in those countries. He's probably had to live like that for a while.
We can all be happy we live in a country with such great access to health care!

2 comments:

Brent and Brooke said...

That is probably the most disturbing picture i have ever seen. I wish someone would help him!Oh, and I will never miss my six month appt!!

Roshy said...

Oh!
Great Picture.
Infection !!! Shocked !!!

Nice Blog,I do blog on the topic Cosmetic Dentistry.


My Blog San Francisco Cosmetic Dentistry provides information and pictures on all topics of cosmetic dentistry such as dental implants,san francisco cosmetic dentistry,dental veneers,dental insurance,tooth whitening,laser dentistry,oral hygiene,oral cancer,mouth cancer,ortodontic treatment,dental diseases,dental fillings and many more..


Hope Blog Reader find my blog interesting.

Visit:http://sanfranciscocosmeticdentistry.blogspot.com

Amy Scott